Job Title: Resource Worker
Classification: Residence Worker – Grid 10
Reports To: Program Manager
To provide direct care and support to the person in the resource you are assigned to and to ensure general upkeep and maintenance of the resource itself. Ensures the persons’ physical, emotional social, educational, medical needs are met. Assist person to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills.
Qualifications: Education, Training & Experience
- Diploma in related human/social service field.
- One (1) year recent related experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Key Duties and resonsibilities:
- Participates in the assessment, goal setting and program planning (Personal Service Plan) for the person being supported
- Documents, implements, and provides input into the evaluation of the program and suggests changes to the Program Manager
- Provides life skills training that that aligns with the persons preferences and goals. This may include but is not limited to emotional regulation, alternate behaviours in stressful situations, meal planning & preparation, personal care skills and budgeting
- Plans, participates in and provides direct support during person-centered activities in alignment with the person’s goals and preferences
- Recognizes, analyzes, and takes a pro-active approach to potential emergency situations, using crisis intervention training and strategies to ensure no harm comes to the person, staff and/or the public. Reports crisis to supervisor and completes and submits a Critical Incident form.
- Provides emotional support to person to assist with emotional regulation, de-escalation and/or debriefing an emotional situation.
- Assists person with activities of daily living such as feeding, lifts, transfers, hygiene, grooming and toileting.
- Administers, records and stores medications in accordance with established policies and CARF standards.
- At the direction of the Program Manager, schedules, transports and assists person with medical and dental appointments.
- Transports and assists person(s) to appointments, shopping, or leisure activities.
- Performs basic house housekeeping duties such as laundry, sweeping, mopping floors, mowing lawns, inventory, shopping, cleaning equipment and food services.
- Completes and maintains all required documentation in accordance with established policies.
- Identifies social, economic, recreational, and educational services in the community that align with the person(s) preferences and service plan.
- At the direction of the Program Manager, liaison with other agencies, professionals, government officials and the community.
- Performs other related duties as required
Click here to download the PDF