Job Title: Program Director – Mental Health and Substance Use
Location: Kamloops & Kelowna
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $85,280.00 – $99,840.00
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Director is responsible for the oversite of several specialized resource homes. Providing support, coaching, training, and supervision to Program Managers. In addition, the Program Director is responsible for implementing departmental plans that align with the overall strategic plan. Program Directors remain abreast of the latest research and best practices in their areas of expertise, trauma informed and person-centered approaches. Implementing and teaching Program Managers to incorporate innovative and new best practices within the context of their roles and responsibilities. In addition, the Program Director works in collaboration with the Executive Team to develop evidenced based protocol’s, programs, training, procedures, and policy to ensure the Program Managers have sufficient guidelines and support to provide day to day care. As a key member of the leadership team the Program Director assesses and mitigates risk to reduce critical incidents with both staff and clients. In addition, ensuring compliance with several regulatory bodies and agreements.
- Degree in the Social Services sector (Masters Preferred)
- Registration with the appropriate provincial licensing body where applicable
- Three (3) years recent experience in a senior leadership role
- Experience in a residential setting is considered an asset.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Ministry of Children and Family Development HUB Clearance
- Unrestricted Class 5 Drivers License
Skills and Abilities
- Uses a trauma informed approach as best practice.
- Strong understanding of substance use & mental health challenges surround adults
- Ability to build collaborative professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to apply evidence informed knowledge, critical thinking, and professional judgement into practice.
- Skilled in developing, supporting, and training a high performing team.
- Strong resilience, empathy, and resolution skills
- Ability to communicate in a concise manner to a variety of stakeholders
- Supervise and support Program Managers through coaching, mentoring, and applying progressive discipline as required.
- Travel is required to ensure direct support of programs and managers on a weekly basis.
- Models and supports self-care and is aware of the needs of Program Managers and responds accordingly.
- Develops and support high-performing teams to fulfill ACYAS mission, vision, and values.
- Oversees and reviews the development and implementation of client risk assessments and safety plans grounded in trauma-informed and person-centered philosophy and best practices including restrictive practices.
- Manages and mitigates risk associated with the clients and resources.
- Develop, implement, and monitors a trauma-informed approach service delivery framework to enhance ACYAS services.
- Utilizes a data-driven analysis to measure and evaluate the performance of clients, resources, critical incidents, health & safety, and the overall programs.
- Designs procedures and strategies to meet client needs and meet program objectives.
- Provides input into the strategic plan and ensures departmental plans are aligned with the overall mission, vision, values, and strategic plan for the organization.
- Provides oversite on department budgets and ensures fiscal responsibility within areas of responsibility.
- Arranges and/or conduct individual or group training as required to enhance the skills of Program Managers or address a skill deficit
- Participates in the development and leads the implementation of new initiatives.
- Conducts ongoing research to enhance best practices that align with the foundational philosophies of ACYAS.
- Develops community partnerships and participate on community committees to enhance the profile of ACYAS.
- Participates in after-hours rotation as required
- All other duties as directed and required